Friday, August 29, 2014

Working Backwards

Since it's been quite a while, ok almost a year since I last updated this thing, I figured it might be easier for me to catch up if I work backwards.  So, here we go!

Our family has been on quite the adventure over the last two months.  July 1st we packed up our home in Wadena, said (tear-filled) "goodbyes" or "see ya laters" to many wonderful friends(who became like family to us), visited family in ND & IA & then headed East to our new home.  July 9th we became first-time home buyers!  July 29th is when an 18-wheeler showed up to our new home to deliver our belongings.  Yes, we lived for almost 3 full weeks without them.  It wasn't ideal.  But, we survived & we learned that we actually need very little to live day to day.  We had a gracious couple from our new church family host us for a week & then we moved into our new home with minimal (borrowed) furnishings, bedding & kitchenware until our own belongings arrived.  We were SUPER excited when the truck pulled up!  The kids went to play at the above mentioned couple's house while Adam & I took inventory of each item/box that was hauled off of the truck.  It about killed me to not be able to rip open boxes & start putting things away immediately, but per the truck driver's request I refrained;)  He wanted to ensure that everything was present & accounted for before we began the unpacking process.

And so, here we are, August 29, 2014  & we are mostly unpacked & feeling more at home each day.  While we waited for our things to arrive my mom (who came to help us unpack...Ha!) & I were able to get a few painting projects done.  As time goes on & we get pictures/wall hangings hung I will post more pictures of the house.

To the few that read this blog, thank you for your patience while I took a LONG break!  ;)


Here are some before & after pictures of what we call the "Upstairs Bonus Room".  It is just off of our dining room & we are using it as an office/play area. 







 Before & after pics of the kid's bathroom.  




Before & after pics of our master bathroom.  
I never thought I cared much about having master bathroom.  
After further review, I have to say its a great bonus/luxury!  

 It's hard to see the true color in the after pics, but we went with a light blue.  
Since we have a "lovely" blue shower we used white on the walls around the shower.  



The crazy part of unpacking...buried in packing paper!







No comments:

Post a Comment