Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yum!

Adam and I sort of started a Fall tradition in 2009
We wanted to do something Fall-like, so we decided to go to an orchard to pick our own apples.  
Adam thought of the idea to make a pie with some of the apples.  
I replied: "Yeah, we can do that.  We just need to stop at Target on the way home from the orchard to buy a pie plate and a crust".  

Adam replied: "What, store bought pie crust!?, No we have to make it home-made."    

So, we headed to "Apple Jack's", picked some apples, stopped at Target to buy a pie plate and then headed home to get busy making a home-made crust and peeling/coring/slicing some apples.  

I found recipes for both a crust and pie in my Better Homes & Garden's cookbook.  Making the crust wasn't as difficult as I thought, and it turned out pretty good. 

Here is a picture of our 2009 masterpiece;)


I apparently didn't get a picture of last years pie:(

This year we got our apples from a local farm.  We used Honeycrisp...they are soooo delicious!

Since I had a refrigerator pie crust on hand we used that...call me lazy, but it was still really yummy!
In my opinion, you can't have pie without a scoop(or two) of ice cream;)

No comments:

Post a Comment